Max’s Restaurant is open for franchising in the following States: Florida, Illinois, New York, Texas, Virginia, Washington and in California (Orange County and San Diego County). For further information you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call us at (818) 637-7751
HOW TO BE A FRANCHISEE
To qualify as a Max’s Restaurant Franchisee, you must meet the following criteria:
1. Knows and believes in the Max’s Restaurant brand;
2. Financially stable with a net worth of $1 Million and $300,000 liquidity;
3. At least 5 years of business experience in a restaurant or retail selling;
4. Strong people skills and have handled at least 5 employees;
5. At least 5 years of business experience in the area where the proposed site is to be located;
6. Willing to learn the Max’s Restaurant business system and have time to attend training in Glendale, California (1 month), and Oahu, Hawaii (7 days), and in the Philippines if needed;
7. Capable and willing to devote time for hands-on management of restaurant;
8. Willing and comfortable to work closely and receive guidelines from the franchisor;
9. Understands the importance of quality customer service;
10. Either living in the area or have a local equity partner who has the above qualifications.
If you meet the above criteria, you may email your letter of intent and briefly describe how you meet the criteria to email@example.com
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. What are the criteria for selecting a site?
A. Site should be at least 4,000 sq. ft. (floor area) with adequate parking space, preferably in high traffic commercial/residential areas with easy access to highways/freeways/major roads. Site should be in an area with at least 50,000 Filipino population within a 10 mile radius.
Q. Who will look for the site?
A. You should look for sites based on site criteria provided by Max’s Restaurant. Max’s Restaurant will assist in evaluating the potential site.
Q. Who will provide the restaurant design and layout?
A. The restaurant design and layout will come from the Max’s Restaurant accredited architect from the Philippines. The design will incorporate inputs on local building codes from a local architect to be contracted by the prospective franchisee.
Q. Who will do the construction?
A. You will be responsible to get the services of a licensed local contractor. Cost of construction will be borne by you.
Q. Are we required to purchase any of the supplies and equipment from Max’s Restaurant?
A. Proprietary items will be supplied by a Max’s Restaurant accredited supplier. Max’s Restaurant will give you a list of specifications for other items (food and non-food) and equipment. These items are sourced from local suppliers provided that the Max’s Restaurants specifications are met.
Q. Who will hire the employees?
A. Max’s Restaurant will assist you in the hiring process. Successful applicants will be employed directly by you.
Q. Will there be training provided for us and our employees?
A. You, your management team and pioneer employees will be provided with 1 to 2 months of comprehensive training prior opening the restaurant. All expenses related to training such as travel, lodging and the like shall be your responsibility.
Q. How much will it cost to own a Max’s Restaurant Franchise?
A. Total project cost ranges from roughly $600,000 to nearly $1,400,000 depending on size and location of the restaurant. This includes the initial franchise fee ($50,000), area development fee (if applicable), cost of construction/renovation, equipment pre-opening expenses and initial inventory.
Q. What other fees will be collected when the Max’s Restaurant franchise is already operational?
A. Franchisees pay a 5% royalty fee and up to 3% advertising fee based on the Net Sales.
Q. Does Max’s Restaurant offer financing?
A. No, but we would gladly assist in analyzing the financing options.
Q. What is the Application Process?
1. LETTER OF INTENT (LOI) – You email an LOI specifying the area of interest. It should also contain a brief description of your qualifications based on the Max’s Franchisee Criteria list.
2. FRANCHISE APPLICATION FORM – If you meet the criteria, we will request that you fill out and submit our Max’s Franchise Application Form.
3. PRELIMINARY INTERVIEW – We will send one of our representatives to meet with you and conduct an initial assessment of the area you are proposing.
4. FRANCHISE DISCLOSURE DOCUMENT (FDD) – Our Franchise Disclosure Agreement will be sent to you and your lawyer’s review.
5. CORPORATE INTERVIEW – You will have an interview with one of our Board of Directors.
6. AGREEMENTS AND ORIENTATION – If you are approved as a Franchisee, we will schedule the signing of the Franchise Agreement and Area Development Agreement (if applicable). You and your Managing Director will attend a 1 day orientation seminar.
7. SITE SELECTION – Max’s Restaurant will work closely with you to analyze the market and select a suitable site.
Q. Hom much money can I make?
A. This will vary form location to location. Your effectiveness as a Franchisee, as well as the skills of your Management Team and staff, are also critical. Max’s Restaurant will work closely with you to analyze your financials.
Q. Can I lock in a certain territory?
A. Max’s Restaurant offers area developments when particular criteria are met.
Note : The Franchise Disclosure Document answers all questions regarding the Max’s Restaurant franchise opportunity. The above list of questions is a brief response to typical inquiries only. Should you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Should there be any inconsistency between this FAQ and Franchise Disclosure Document, the Franchise Disclosure Document will control.